Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Every Man Under His Fig Tree - Every Woman Next to Her Palm



We know that a blessing of the Jewish people, if they keep G-d's commandments and live upright lives is one of serenity, peace and prosperity. "Every man will sit under his own vine and under his own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid, for the L-rd Almighty has spoken." (Micha 4:4)
Well, guys might want to sit under their fig trees, but B"H I have found the perfect spot for me, next to my robbelini palm trees on my little bench in my teeny garden.
It's a perfect spot for me - cozy, private, colorful, happy, and yes, serene.
I say my morning prayers here every day, and I thank Hashem for my husband, our mothers, our siblings, our children and grandchildren. And I thank G-d for the moments of quiet and peace He gives me in my little corner.
I wrote about my garden, http://voices-magazine.blogspot.com/2011/08/miracle-in-garden.html, when I started spending my quiet morning moments there.
In addition to thanking G-d for its beauty, I'd like to thank my husband, Israel, who restored the adorable bench that's in our corner, the Devere's for the wonderful cushion and genius creative gardener Josh Hyman for his "landscape, design and realization." His work is real proof of his innovation and understanding of his client's needs. My corner was a joint effort, and those are the best kind.
Thanks to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment