Wednesday, November 24, 2010

W(h)ither Israel?

"Oh," said the L-rd (perhaps... well, this is what my daughter-in-law Mimi thinks - and she's pretty smart).
"So, you want to stop construction in Judea, Samaria and Eastern Jerusalem? You want to strangle the Holy Land? You want communities in Eretz Yisrael just to wither away? Build in Tel Aviv. Build in Holon. But not in the 'settlements' of My Land?"
"Well, if that's what you want," continued G-d, "so be it. Wither the settlements!! Wither the country!! You differentiate between areas in the Land that I bequeathed to your forefathers?Well, I'll show you that All of Israel is One! Kiryat Gat is as dear to Me as Kiryat Arba. Carmei Tzur is as dear as Carmiel. Givat Ze'ev is as dear as Gedera."
"You want to wither parts of the nation? Ha. No rain!!!" He shouted. "No rain!! And then you'll see a withering nation. No rain! You want to wither parts of My country. I will wither all of the country!"

No comments:

Post a Comment