Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today's Parents are Afraid of Their Kids

Okay, this might be a wierd blog, but it's a wierd problem.
A few days ago, my friend Leah and I discussed organizing a Lag B'Omer fire for young adult singles. Leah and I would organize it, but we wouldn't be there at all (so no one will be embarrassed by our presence). We were hoping that these 20-somethings would meet one another and either find a match around the fire, or think of one for a friend.
So, I called up a bunch of my friends and asked them to ask their kids if they'd come to this bonfire. Well, would you believe it? My friends said, "I think it's a terrific idea, but I can't ask my daughter/son. If I ask, s/he won't participate."
So, I've made ten phone calls to parents with great 20-something kids, and they're hemming and hawing and even asking me to call their kid instead of them.
Parents afraid of their kids??
It's 9:45 PM. I'm going to keep trying for one more day.
DO YOU THINK 20-SOMETHINGS WOULD COME TO A LAG B'OMER BONFIRE?? I'd like to know.
We've really got to light a fire under our 20-somethings. I thought this might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment